The Deep Collaboration Podcast
The co-founders of Netlify on the modern web, Jamstack and leading in a remote-first reality
Welcome to the 7th episode of The Deep Collaboration podcast. In this episode, CoScreen co-founder Max Andaker and Till Pieper will be talking to Netlify co-founders Christian Bach, and Mathias Biilman about modern web-development JAMstack decoupled application architecture. They will share their story on how Netlify was founded and how they lead in a remote-first organization during a pandemic.
CoScreen co-founders Max and Till are talking to Christian Bach and Mathias Biilman, co-founders of Netlify about JAMstack, modern web-development, and leading a remote team.
- 00:50 - How Netlify was founded → Netlify mission is to build a cohesive collaborative workflow layer
- 11:05 - Why Microsoft or Amazon didn't think about it before Netlify?
- 17:20 - JAMstack, its popularity and misuse
- 21:48 → Netlify's inclusive approach to building web applications.
- 22:30 - Synchronous work and asynchronous developer flow at Netlify
- 26:58 - Moving from 60% to 100% remote
- 29:10 - Sharing knowledge asynchronous across Netlify
- 31:30 - Creating moments of serendipity remotely.
- 35:17 - Netlify's asynchronous and synchronous tool stack.
- 40:33 - The next-gen of international entrepreneurship
- 44:30 - What is next in 2021