The Deep Collaboration Podcast
Dragan Stepanovic XP Enthusiast and Principal Engineer at HelloFresh
Welcome to the 15th episode of The Deep Collaboration podcast. In this episode, CoScreen co-founder Max Andaker and Till Pieper will be talking to Dragan Stepanovic, Principal Engineer at HelloFresh and an Extreme Programming enthusiast.
Dragan will share with us his study on optimizing PR and philosophy on async vs sync development.
- 02:20 - Dragan's path to extreme programming
- 04:00 - Dragan's study on the best way to code review
- 11:40 - "how do we keep the cost of code review per line of code constant, as we decrease the size of the PR"
- 12:00 - Synchronous code creation
- 13:40 - Accelerate: Building and Scaling High Performing Technology https://www.amazon.com/Accelerate-Building-Performing-Technology-Organizations/dp/B07BMBYHXL
- 14:30 - Mobbing and pairing for more productive and effective developers
- 16:00 - Deep dive into Dragan's study metrics and insights
- 18:50 - Enable teams to evaluate their current process in a data-informed way
- 20:00 - The results your team can expect from Dragan's study
- 22:30 - Latency in remote vs. co-located teams
- 24:00 - Remote vs. co-located and the tools to enable both
- 28:00 - Psychological safety and positive reinforcing feedback loop in synchronous workflows
- 35:00 - The tools to help you get into a collaboration mode faster
- 38:20 - Asynchronous versus synchronous work
- 39:00 - Fewer delays in communication leads to shorter feedback loops